I will now play the complete sentence game in English. I played it in written form, in Spanish, in the post below, and produced 378 words in fifteen minutes. I suspect that I will be able to write (and type) and bit faster in my native language, since it is also the language in which I write my books and articles. The rules of the game, as you might remember, are straightforward: you speak, write, or think in complete sentences for a given period of time, or indefinitely, as the case might be. The game in itself lacks any overt purpose, except as a remedy for insomnia, but I think it might be used as a kind of practice. We are so used to praising imperfection and wanting to accept our shortcomings. This is generally a positive thing, but I think we often undervalue the importance of doing things well. That is my objection to Anne Lamott's idea of the "shitty first draft." I am aware that my drafts improve as my writing in general improves, as is the case with any skill. ...
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario